Sunday, August 12, 2007

gottaloveandy

9 comments:

Damien said...

i do.

Anonymous said...

Was this in Philly? I went to New York hoping to see some Andy, and well, they said all his stuff was in Philly or Pittsburgh or some other place that was NOT New York.

Anonymous said...

no no, this was new york. in the metropolitan. they didn't have a whole lot of him but what they did have was dang exciting

funke said...

Now if only I could convince my boyfriend that Andy Warhol is the IT artist of the century. Problem is, he's a Renoir man. So we're basically stuck at differing ends of the way-to-splash-paint-on-a-canvas spectrum. Which is okay, but it makes my heart jump to see you all like a little Andy, too.

Once an exhibit of his stuff came to Colorado Springs. I dragged my friend with me to see us some Andy. After the Marilyns, Elvises, Maos, and Gershwins, we found our favorite work: a room filled with silver pillow balloons. Not many people were at the museum that day, so we laid down on the floor and let the balloons float over us.So peaceful. I could have laid there all day, mesmerized by swirling silver, soft air concealing me from the world. Some day, I want to have a house that has a little hideaway room, filled with silver balloons.

Anonymous said...

oh andy is very loved in this house.

lukedavid said...

In a posh gallery on 5th Ave I saw about 20 small photographs of Andy posing as Marylin Monroe, eyeliner gobbed on his lids.

Anonymous said...

whoa. what? yikes.

Kiko and/or Vincent said...

True dat! gotta love andy. You gotta read, "The philosophy of Andy Warhol". I studied this man for my SIP. Which was fun-finding out about his homosexuality, about his film "Blow Job"...no, not really. That was just a bummer. But, his concept, his art, he is definitely influential...to say the least.

kate said...

These blogs are a family affair- especially Howard blogs...let's raise the barr back where it was-whadayasay?